Starting from the St Hugues cross-country skiing centre, a loop to enjoy the view of the Grand Som, the Charmant Som and Chamechaude. This route has some technical passages which sometimes prevent you from using it without snowshoes or crampons.
1) Leave the cross-country skiing centre of St Hugues de Chartreuse on your right and go towards the flat part of the landscape. At the level of the small chalet, take the snowshoe trail on your right which runs alongside the car park. Pedestrians are not allowed in the cross-country skiing area. On this part of the trail you will be able to admire the beauty of the Flin plateau characteristic of Saint Hugues with a sublime view of the Grand Som, Chamechaude and the Charmant Som.
(2) When you are on the other side of the Plateau, go down the path on your right (yellow sign) to the bottom of the Corbelliers valley, once you have crossed the river on the bridge, go up this valley along the river by taking a path on your left at the beginning of the climb. You then pass the stream twice to reach the hamlet of Les Michallets.
(3) Before the hamlet cross the road and then go up a little to pass over the buildings of the farm Gaec du clos Perrier. On this section, please follow the signs as the snow can hide DANGEROUS farming tools.
(4) You go down near the houses to go up on the right after the bridge. Then you take on the left a thin crossing to pass under the hamlet of Cherlieu.
(5) On the next section you go along the cross-country ski tracks, please stay on the snowshoeing path.
(6) The path then goes up to the right towards the plateau des Egaux where you can enjoy the view away from the cross-country ski tracks in peace and quiet (but stay on the marked route). You can also admire a hundred-year-old tree as you cross the meadows. A final crossing of the cross-country tracks awaits you before descending quietly to Saint Hugues and rejoining the cross-country skiing hostel.
From 01/12 to 31/03.
Subject to favorable weather.