Built in 1620, today, it is the monument to the soldiers killed in WWI & WWII. It was part of the fortified walls built by Lesdiguières in the 17th century and opened onto the road towards Lyon. Admire the sculptures of military trophies on the façade, created by Lesdiguières’ favorite sculptor Jacob Richier.
Jacob Richier, Lesdiguières' favorite sculptor, created beautiful bas-reliefs with military trophies on the exterior façade. The interior facade, on the city side, has remained more sober. The former passage under the door now houses the war memorial of the city of Grenoble. The building was classified in 1925.
All year round, daily.
Tramway E, stop Esplanade-centre