HEART OF THE ALPS
Grenoble is in the eastern part of the Auvergne Rhone-Alps region, in southeastern France, in the Isère department. As such, it sits at the crossroads of northern and southern Europe.
- 161 000 inhabitants within the city limits
- 440 000 inhabitants in the greater Grenoble area (49 communes)
The city is surrounded by 3 mountain chains, creating an exceptional setting:
The Chartreuse, Vercors, and Belledonne mountains.
Getting by train, bus and carpooling.
A FEW DISTANCES
- Grenoble - Paris : 574 km
- Grenoble - Nice : 343 km
- Grenoble - Strasbourg : 535 km
- Grenoble - Geneva : 147 km
- Grenoble - Barcelona : 631 km
- Grenoble - Berlin : 1.257 km
- Grenoble - Milan : 438 km
- Grenoble - Turin : 236 km