20,000 m² of magnificent natural history museum gardens, rare trees, botanical greenhouses, winter garden... Ideal for families, with its playground, stream and lawns on which to relax.
It was in 1782 that the first botanical garden of Grenoble was founded. It had been re-established in 1842 in an area bought by the city, located between the streets Haxo and Chanrion. Extending over 21 597 m²n the Jardin des Plantes is made of two distinct parts, separated by a small stream. Its Western part reminds of the structured organization and the geometrical alleys of a French Garden, whereas the Eastern part reminds of the romantic garden which was typical in the XVIIIth century. It presents some majestic species of centenarian trees and beautiful rockeries. A little further, we can find the rose garden, a botanic greenhouse of 300m² sheltering wonderful exotic plants and a Winter garden of 700m².
Humid tropical zone: the floor can be slippery and the high humidity can cause respiratory problems for the elderly.
All year round, daily.
Tramway C stop Grenoble Hôtel de Ville
Bus line C1 stop Grenoble Hôtel de Ville