This hike, starting from the Col de la Charmette (cul de sac) in Proveysieux, offers exceptional mountain pastures that will not leave you indifferent.
From the Col de la Charmette car park, head towards the Chalet de la Charmette and go up towards the Col de la Grande Vache via a forest path.
From this pass, descend to the Col de la Sure and climb to the top of the Grande Sure by a round trip (approximately 1 hour). Continue the loop crossing the mountain pastures to reach Hurtières then the pass of the same name.
Continue south to the Vavarey meadow to descend to the Col de la Charmette.
Ideas for visits near the route:
• Plantimay cheese factory and farm (16km from the start): visit of the farm.
• Caves of St Christophe (19km from the start): guided tours.
• Chartreux cellars and distillery (28km from the start): visit of the largest liquor cellar in the world.
All the information and other ideas for visits on chartreuse-tourisme.com/rsf
Information / security:
- you should adopt a few rules and follow a few tips to fully enjoy your walks and hikes in complete safety! Before leaving, follow our recommendations and advice on chartreuse-tourisme.com/conseils-rando-trail (or on request at the tourist offices).
- Note: the mountain guide is a specialist in mountain fauna and flora, off-trail hikes away from the crowds, local history, alpine and peasant traditions, etc. safely ! Call on them! Detailed list on chartreuse-tourisme.com/accomp (or in tourist offices).
- You hike under your sole responsibility. Chartreuse Tourisme and the tourist offices cannot be held responsible for the proposed itineraries.
Useful numbers :
- Weather forecast (must be consulted before your departure): 3250 or www.meteo.fr
- Mountain rescue: 112
From 15/05 to 30/11.
Subject to favorable weather.