Built in 1866/1867 by the architect Charles Questel, the Prefecture has a beautiful limestone facade from the south of the Drôme imitating the architecture of a 17th century mansion.
The jewel of the Place de Verdun, the prefecture occupies the entire southern side of the square, facing the old city. Between the windows of the second floor, it displays numerous busts of figures and personalities from the history of Grenoble and the Dauphiné, such as Bayard, Lesdiguières, Condillac, Barnave, Mounier, Vaucanson...
Free of charge.
Visible from the outside
Tramway A, stop Verdun Préfecture