Grenoble Alpes is a region that places great emphasis on sustainable forms of transport, particularly cycling, with 450km of cycle paths and routes, as well as Chronovélo (Grenoble’s network of bicycle paths).
For your stopover, go instinctively for the Accueil Vélo label
A label for those travelling by bike less than 5km from a listed cycle route. Grenoble is also a stopover on major cycle routes:
- La Belle Via 215km from Chanaz to Pont-de-l'Isère, joining the ViaRhôna which runs all the way down to the Mediterranean
- les Les P’tites Routes du Soleil® 900km and 17,000 metres of ascent from Thonon-les-Bains to Nice.
This is why the region is committed to helping its visitors and service providers obtain this label.
The Accueil Vélo label is a national mark guaranteeing services and facilities for customers touring by bike along cycle routes in France.
The Accueil Vélo label is a benchmark of quality that you can find throughout France, with more than 7,000 establishments holding the label.
They welcome you to the region and offer services tailored to your needs!
- Secure bike shelters, repair kits, bike and clothes washing facilities etc.
- A warm welcome, practical information, advice on routes and tours, the weather etc.
- Services dedicated to cyclists: luggage transfer, laundry and drying, bike hire and washing etc.
In Grenoble Alpes, these professionals have signed up to the Accueil Vélo scheme, highlighting their desire to welcome cycling visitors in the best possible conditions.
Labelled sites and museums
Accommodation with the Accueil Vélo label
Prepare your cycling holiday in Grenoble, whether you are touring or staying for several days, and choose the accommodation with the Accueil Vélo label that suits you best: hotel, apartment block, campsite... to suit your style and budget.