This building was the residence of the Dukes of Lesdiguières, governors of the Dauphiné, and was built between 1600 and 1650. It served as city hall from 1719 to 1967 and today houses the International House.
François de Bonne, the first Duke of Lesdiguières, first built a fortified house, then his successors enlarged the building in 1630 and 1650, giving it its present size.
Passed by inheritance to the Villeroy family after the death of the last direct descendant of Lesdiguières, the hotel was sold to the city of Grenoble in 1719 and then housed the City Hall until December 1967.
The administrative services of the Tribunal de Grande Instance and the public prosecutor then moved in and occupied the premises until 2002. Today, only the first floor remains occupied by the International Relations Department with an exhibition space, an annex of the City Hall and a children's library.
Renamed Maison de l'International, the former hotel will be completely renovated.
Jardin de ville38000 GRENOBLE
From 01/01 to 31/12, daily.
Tramway A et B, arrêt Hubert Dubedout - Maison du tourisme